The focused workshop
Quasistationary Distributions: Analysis and Simulation
is going to take place during the period 25.09.2017-29.09.2017 at the University of Paderborn. For further information please contact the organizers Martin Kolb and/or Denis Villemonais.
Participants and Titles of Talks:
- David Steinsaltz (Oxford): Killed diffusions and MCMC
- Murray Pollack (Warwick): Bayesian Inference (for Big Data) using Quasi-Stationary Monte Carlo
- Elisabetta Scoppola (Roma Tre): Strong times, frst hitting and metastability
- Fritz Colonius (Augsburg): TBA
- Nicolas Champagnat (Nancy): Uniform exponential convergence to quasi-stationary distributions for general absorbed Markov processes
- Nikolaos Kantas (Imperial College): Particle methods for sampling for some quasi-stationary problems
- Frederic Cerou (Rennes): Central Limit Theorem for Fleming-Viot Particle Systems with Hard Killing
- Zakhar Kabluchko (Münster): Optimal approximation of processes with stationary increments
- Michel Benaim (Neuchâtel): TBA
- Tony Lelievre (Paris): Metastability: a journey from stochastic processes to semiclassical analysis
- Francis Nier (Paris): Boundary conditions for geometric Kramers-Fokker-Planck operators
- Boris Nectoux (Paris): TBA
The main aims of this workshop consist in presenting the state of the art of quasilimiting behavior, to open up new research directions and to stimulate new collaboration.
- Travel information:
The airports Dortmund, Hannover and Duesseldorf are the major airports nearby Paderborn. There are regional train connections from Hannover, Dortmund and Duesseldorf to Paderborn.
The airport Paderborn-Lippstadt is located between the cities Paderborn and Lippstadt. From the airport Paderborn-Lippstadt the bus lines 400 and 460 connect the airport to Paderborn citiy cenrte. It is an approximately 25 min journey. Unfortunately, flights to Paderborn tend to be very expensive, but sometimes there are reasonable offers.
There are a number of IC, ICE and regional train conections to Paderborn main station. Further information can be found via Deutsche Bahn
The organisers will book hotel rooms for the speakers. Other participants please get in touch with the on of the organisers.