Special values of L-functions
L-functions play a fundamental role in modern number theory and are central objects in the Langlands Programme. This conference brings together experts on special values of L functions and their arithmetic applications and is dedicated to the memory of Claus-Günther Schmidt.
Date: March 13-17 2023
Organising Committee: Haruzo Hida (UCLA), Fabian Januszewski (Paderborn University), Tadashi Ochiai (Tokyo Institute of Technology), A. Raghuram (Fordham University)
Location: Paderborn University. The conference takes place in the O-Building of the main campus (campus map). The lectures take place in lecture hall O2 on the ground floor.
Directions: From the hotels in the city center the next bus stop is at Rathausplatz. Lines 4 and 9, departing on the side opposite to the Rathaus (city hall) will take around 10 minutes to reach the 8th stop UNI/Südring at the university (the previous stop is simply called Südring). You can book tickets and check schedules via www.padersprinter.de or via the bahn.de app and in both cases book tickets online.
Alternatively, you can reach campus by walking towards Kasseler Tor, cross the train tracks at the pedestrian underpass, and continue on Warburger Strasse, turn right onto Pohlweg and you will reach campus and the O-building on the left hand side in around 25-30 minutes.
|10:30-11:00||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break|
|12:00-14:00||Lunch break||Lunch break||Lunch break||Lunch break|
|15:00-15:45||Coffee break|| |
Registration is closed.
- Baskar Balasubramanyam (IISER Pune)
- Denis Benois (Université de Bordeaux)
- Siegfried Böcherer (Universität Mannheim)
- Shih-Yu Chen (Kyoto University)
- Laurent Clozel (Université Paris-Sud 11)
- Masaaki Furusawa (Osaka Metropolitan University)
- Günter Harder (Universität Bonn)
- Ming-Lun Hsieh (National Taiwan University)
- Chi-Yun Hsu (Université de Lille)
- Debanjana Kundu (Fields Institute, Canada)
- Kenichi Namikawa (Tokyo Denki University)
- Peter Schneider (Universität Münster)
- Michael Spiess (Universität Bielefeld)
- Joachim Schwermer (Universität Wien)
- Jacques Tilouine (Université Paris 13)
- Christopher Williams (University of Warwick)
The conference will take place at the main campus of Paderborn University. The nearest train stations are Paderborn Hbf (main station) and Paderborn Kasseler Tor (S-Bahn to/from Bielefeld). By Air, Paderborn is served by Paderborn-Lippstadt (PAD, 20km, Bus), Hannover (HAJ, 130km, 2h10 direct S-Bahn) and Düsseldorf (DUS, 160km, 2h02 direct S-Bahn). Frankfurt Airport (FRA) is about 3 hours by train and requires at least one connection (in Kassel Wilhelmshöhe or Essen). Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) is 4h30 by train with at least two connections.
We acknowledge support by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation)–SFB-TRR 358/1 2023–491392403.
Prof. Dr. Fabian Januszewski
Algebra and Number Theory