- Number Theory
- Algebraic number theory
- Class field theory
- Algorithmic number theory
- Asymptotic of number fields with given Galois group
- Cohen-Lenstra heuristics of quadratic number fields
- Galois Theory
- Computation of Galois groups
- Inverse Galois theory
- Explicit computation of polynomials with given Galois group
- Embedding problems
- Computer Algebra
- Software development in number and Galois theory
- Creation of (mathematical) databases
- Factorization of polynomials
Have a look at our database for field extensions of the rationals which contains polynomials for all Galois groups up to degree 19.
I am Editor of Journal de Théorie des Nombres de Bordeaux and Journal of Computational Algebra.
I was in the organizing comittee of the following conferences:
- GDMV-Tagung, Paderborn, Deutschland, 05.-09. März 2018.
I was in the program comittee of the following conferences:
- DMV-Tagung, Saarbrücken, Germany, September 17th - September 20th, 2012 (Member of the Program Committee, Section Number Theory)
- ANTS-X, Tenth Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium, University of California, San Diego, July 9th - 13th, 2012
- ANTS VIII Banff, Canada, May 17th - May 22nd, 2008 (Member of the Program Comittee)
- ISSAC 2008 Hagenberg, Austria, July 20th - July 23rd, 2008 (Member of the Program Comittee)
- LMFDB, Computation and Number Theory (LuCaNT), ICERM, Brown University in Rhode Island, July 10th - 14th 2023.
- Fachgruppe Computeralgebra-Tagung 2023, Leibniz Universität Hannover, 31st May - 2nd June 2023
- Workshop "Arithmetic, Algebra, and Algorithms", ICMS, The Bayes Centre, Edinburgh, UK, 10th April - 14th April 2023
- Fachgruppe Computeralgebra-Tagung 2022, Main in Munich, March 9th - 11th 2022.
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory, MFO Oberwolfach, 18th - 24th Juli 2021
- Conference on "Enumerative Arithmetic and the Cohen–Lenstra Heuristics", 3rd - 7th June, 2019.
- Fachgruppe Computeralgebra-Tagung 2019, Universität Kassel, May 16th - 18th 2019.
- SERMON 2019, University of North Carolina Greensboro (UNCG), 13th- 14th April 2019.
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory, MFO Oberwolfach, July 22th - July 28th 2018.
- gemeinsame Jahrestagung GDMV 2018, Universität Paderborn, 05.-09. März 2018.
- Fachgruppe Computeralgebra-Tagung 2017, Universität Kassel, May 4th - May 6th, 2017.
- Annual Conference of the DFG priority project SPP 1489, Kaiserlautern, Germany, October 10th - 14th, 2016
- Fields Medal Symposium, University of Toronto, Canada, November 1st - November 4th, 2016
- Twelfth Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium ANTS-XII, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany, August 29 - September 2nd, 2016
- Arithmetic Statistics and the Cohen-Lenstra Heuristics, University of Warwick, Coventry, England, June 27th - July 1st, 2016
- Annual conference of the DFG priority project SPP 1489 Algorithmic and experimental methods in algebra, geometry and number theory, Osnabrück, Germany, September 28th - October 2nd, 2015
- Conference "Explicit Methods in Number Theory", Oberwolfach, Germany, July 5th - 11th, 2015
- Workshop Experimental Methods in Computational Algebra, Universität Hannover, Germany, May 26th - May 29th 2015
- KL-NT 2014: Number Theory Meets Geometry, Kaiserlautern, Germany, November 24th - 28th, 2014
- Barcelona Mathematical Days, Congrés de La Societat Catalagne de Mathemàtiques, Barcelona, Spain, November 7th-8th, 2014
- LMFDB Workshop, Mathematics Institute, University of Warwick, Coventry, England, June 2nd-6th, 2014
- 6. Computeralgebra Tagung 2014, Kassel, Germany, May 15th-17th, 2014
- Théorie des nombres et applications, Centre International de Rencontres Mathématiques, Marseille, France, March 10th-14th, 2014
- Annual conference of the DFG priority project SPP 1489 Algorithmic and experimental methods in algebra, geometry, and number theory, Evangelische Akademie Bad Boll, Germany, March 3rd-7th, 2014
- Workshop "Zeta functions of groups and related algebraic structures", Padova, Italy, September 22nd - 25th, 2013
- Conference "Explicit Methods in Number Theory", Oberwolfach, Germany, July 14th - 20th, 2013
- Conference "Analytic number theory, in honor of the 60th birthday of Étienne Fouvry", Luminy, France, June 17th - 21st, 2013
- DFG Jahrestagung "DFG Schwerpunktprogramm 1489", Konstanz, Germany, March 18th - 22nd, 2013
- Workshop "Atelier PARI/GP 2013", Bordeaux, France, January 14th - 18th, 2013
- DMV-Tagung, Saarbrücken, Germany, September 17th - 20th, 2012
- 5. Computeralgebra Tagung, Kassel, May 10th-12th, 2012
- 2nd Annual Meeting DFG-Schwerpunkt SPP1489, Hannover, Germany, February 27th - March 1st, 2012
- Théorie des Nombres et Applications, Luminy, France, January 16th - January 20th, 2012
- Computational Group Theory, Oberwolfach, July 31st - August 6th, 2011
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory, Oberwolfach July 17th - July 23rd, 2011
- AIM-Workshop The Cohen-Lenstra heuristics for class groups, Palo Alto (California), USA, June 13th - June 17th, 2011
- Concluding Conference GANT - Group Actions in Number Theory, Lausanne, 06th - 10th June 2011
- 1. Jahrestagung DFG-Schwerpunkt SPP1489, Aachen, February 21nd - February 25th, 2011
- Initial Winter School Group Actions in Number Theory, Lausanne, France, January 11th - January 21st, 2011
- Nikolaus conference, Aachen, December 10th - December 11th, 2010
- Workshop, Berkeley, July 26th - July 31st, 2010
- Number Theory and Applications, Luminy, France, November 30th - December, 4th, 2009
- Workshop, Berkeley, August 2nd - August 8th, 2009
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory Oberwolfach, Germany, July 12th - July 18th, 2009
- Computeralgebra-Tagung Kassel, Germany, May 14th - May 16th, 2009
- Group Theory, Number Theory and Geometry, Oxford, GB, March 30th - April 3rd, 2009
- Workshop norm residue symbols, Leiden, February 2nd - February 6th, 2009
- Groups in Algebraic Geometry, Pisa, September 7th - September 18th, 2008
- Profinite and Asymptotic Group Theory Oberwolfach, Germany, June 22nd - June 28th, 2008
- Constructive Galois Theory, Oberflockenbach, February 11th - February 15th, 2008
- Nikolaus conference Aachen, December 7th - December 8th, 2007
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory, In honour of Henri Cohen , Bordeaux, France, October, 15th - October, 19th, 2007
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory Oberwolfach, Germany, July 15th - July 21st, 2007
- LLL+25, Caen, France, June 28th - July 1st, 2007, A conference to celebrate 25 years LLL
- Arithmetic and Differential Galois Groups Oberwolfach, Germany, May 13th - May 19th, 2007
- Nikolaus conference 2006 Aachen, Germany, December 8th - December 9th, 2006
- ANTS VII Berlin, Germany, July 23rd - July 28th, 2006
- Rings of low rank Leiden, The Netherlands, June 12th - June 16th, 2006